Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Hey ladies! It's been a few days since we had the fashion spotlight, but today we are back in business! They're calling for more snow here in NC, but I'm dreaming of somewhere warm and sunny, which is why I have chosen this super fabulous sun dress as the fashion spotlight anchor piece.
- We start with this playful sundress that's packed full of color! Gives us so many options to accessorize with!
- Next I added this coordinating knitted shrug. The color is perfect...and the brooch is removable so you get two looks in one!
- Wow, check out this agate bracelet! It is perfect for this dress. I think it really makes the blue in the dress pop.
- And finally, check out these handmade leather sandals. You won't believe the price!
1. Smock and Roll Sundress...alight.com...$55.00
2. Orange "Take me Out" Shrug...trendyknitting...$57.00
3. Under the Sea Rainbow Agate Bracelet...HardCandyGems...$45.00
4. Handmade Leather Sandals...LilaSandals ...$75.00
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Hey divas! Since there's still snow on the ground here in lovely North Carolina, I decided I should do a fashion spotlight on winter accessories, which I just love by the way. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!
- I started with this white and black plaid double-breasted wool-blend coat. I just love black and white plaid paired with red...And wait 'till you see the price!
- Next, I added one of these super cute hats. Take your pick. I think they are equally fabulous. And the flower comes off of the Newsboy (#3). It's like two hats for the price of one!
- Round out your outfit with one of these excellent glove selections. I think the red ones with the cute little bow are super sexy! And check out the black flapper gloves with the flower bling. Be sure to zoom in the pic so you can really see these great finds!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
I just love a great wrap dress! I think they are flattering to all body types. And just look at the shine on the dress I found for today. Love it!
- Pair it with a cami underneath for a work appropriate look, or without, for a night out on the town. I used a beige cami here, but purple or even black would work.
- I love the beige shoe already paired with the dress, but, I found these fantastic purple 4-inch (yikes!) Steve Madden sandals. Definately worthy of a night out with the girls!
- To finish the look, I found these awesome pieces from artist funkyartista on Etsy. The pendant in the necklace and the beads in the bracelet are handmade by her. She truly designs her pieces from start to finish. Be sure to check out her store.
Second Row: Quirky Blossoms Coasters…ReeCreates, Get Noticed Clothespin Clips…adorebynat
Third Row: Dog and Cat Gift Tags…CatnipStudioToo, Sea Dachshund Notebook…AfricanGrey
Fourth Row: Build Your Own Triceratops…kfarrell, Woven Thank You Card…kisskissiluvthis
Fifth Row: Blue Morpho Butterfly Necklace…ForTheCrossJewelry, Guitar Pendant…lilyflysgarden
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Hey girls! I had so much fun with yesterday's fashion spotlight that I thought I'd do another one today. Today we have a super fun outfit for the casual diva.
- We start with a great pair of boyfriend jeans. They have gold paint speckled on them. Creative divas- do you have an old pair of jeans at home? Experiment and make your own gold paint speckled jeans. I'd love to see them!
- Next we add a paisley tunic tee. Not too overwhelming when paired with this super cute knitted short sleeve sweater.
- These paisley clogs from Zappos.com are a splurge at $145 but I thought they were too cute and add a pop to the other neutral colors.
- Accessories include a great leather bag and matching bracelet and earrings from talented Etsy sellers. Check them out!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I usually have a hard time finding a fun and flirty summer dress but I just love the one below. Turquoise and brown-such yummy summer colors together!
- Layer the tank underneath the dress so that there are no "girls gone wild" moments.
- Add the blue sweater shrug for an outfit appropriate for office casual. It will bring out the blue at the bottom of the dress.
- Check out the fabulous embossed sandal! Shut up! as Stacy London from TLC's What Not to Wear would exclaim.
- Also added some great accessories from talented Etsy artists. Be sure to check them out.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Hello! I'm so excited to have found shabbyblogs.com. There's a link up in the corner that'll take you there. They have the most awesomely fantasic shabby blog designs and other shabby fun stuff for us shabby lovin' chicks! So, please, bare with me as I'm making changes to my blog. Let me know what you think...