Friday, February 19, 2010

The Queen....

My queen....", mmm, doesn't that have a nice ring to it...

...well, no, not if you're the Queen of Clutter!! I admit it. I need an intervention so I am intervening myself. Is that allowed?....I feel as if I've tried it all. I've bought the little bins and filled 'em up....but alas, still, I am cluttered!

I attribute my clutter to the following: I'm such a crafty girl (jewelry making, scrapbooking, you name it) and I love a good bargain. Honestly, what girl doesn't? I even have a three foot tall ceramic elephant planter from Garden Ridge that I begged my boyfriend to buy me one year for Christmas claiming that I was gonna paint it and make it fabulous, and.....nope....still in the closet five years later...only halfway painted...but, my bad, I digress....I just gotta throw in here, that to my defense, if I would just finish the ceramic elephant project it would truly be so fabulous!!!  :)

So, between my craftiness and bargain hunting prowess, these things have taken over everything! The thing is, I have a whole room dedicated to my craftiness but it's so unorganized that it's spilling over to other areas of my crib. Who needs a guest bedroom? Let 'em sleep on the floor! Ha, ha, ha...The dining room table now houses the hair bobbie making station...I mean, you've gotta let the glue dry and then coordinate them in little groups....And my bedroom is slowly being taken over by scrapbooking supplies and fun stuff so I can watch TV while I'm making hair bobbie tags. And then there is the actual craft room where I make my jewelry....Yikes!

Whew, you are so not getting pics b/c it's downright embarrasin'. I claim to get it honest. My dad is a, er, let's just say, "antique collector", and finds many "treasures" in his travels.  Why, just last April the local farmers market was having yard sale day so we signed up to bring some of our stuff to sell. Dad went back home with more than he came with. He was like a kid at Christmas, when the sun finally came up and we could see everyone else's stuff his eyes just lit up with wonder!...And who knew those yard sales started so early and the early birds mean business! They came out, like lone wolves armed with flashlights, teeth snared, protecting their territory if anyone got too close, rummaging through boxes before we could even get our stuff out for display! Again, I digress.....I do get it honest....

So, long story short, I got this (<---------)....I read about it on my new girlfriend's blog. Andrea, shout out girl! So then, i went to Amazon and read all these wonderful reviews about the book, and it's also supposed to be funny. I figure even if it doesn't help me at all, I will get a few good laughs. I got the book new for $10.04 from Amazon.com but you can be smart and get it on there for as little as $4.89. I'm such a goof and for whatever reason didn't see the cheaper prices before checking out.  :(

Has anyone read this book? Tried this system? Any help/ideas I can get in organizing and clutter control is appreciated! Call to all my girlfriends: I'm drowning in a sea of clutter and I can't get up! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment