Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bachelorette Party!

Recently I had the honor of planning a bachelorette party for a good friend of mine. Yep, I’m one of them….a planner. While I’d like to be a carefree and fly by the seat ‘o my pants kinda girl, that’s just not me. So, I was more than happy to take the reins from her sister who, not being from the area, was totally clueless and in need of some assistance.

You’re probably thinking…a bachelorette party? What kinda wild and crazy story is she gonna post about? Well, not really a wild and crazy story to post. No strippers, no weekend in Vegas, no getting drunk and being left on the top of the roof kinda stories do we have to tell.

While we had an excellent time, it’s a whole different kind of party when everyone at the party is 35+ in age than when they’re in their 20’s. We kicked the night off with drinks and “nibbles” (my friend Kelly, her word, I love it!!) at Kelly’s house. We then went to see the movie Bridesmaids. We ended the night at a local bar/restaurant called Kickback Jack’s for more drinks and nibbles. The food was excellent!

But let me back it up to what I think is the highlight of the evening…Bridesmaids movie.


Have you seen this movie? Surely by now you’ve at least heard about it if you haven’t seen it. It was the most hilarious movie I have seen in a long time. I would go to see it again, and that’s saying a lot because usually once I’ve seen a movie, I’m done. It started off a little slow for me, but once the laughs began, they did not stop. Now, yes, the comedy was at times, gross and inappropriate but I laughed the whole time. And the movie actually is a little deeper than how it’s portrayed in the commercials. I mean, gross and inappropriate sells a lot more at the movies than deep and moving. Right?

Have you seen this movie? Your thoughts?

Teaser: You and your girls will never respond in the same way to the song Hold On by Wilson Phillips ever again. Now you gotta see the movie to know what I'm talking about. :)

If you haven't seen it, check out the trailer below. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment