Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fruit Stripes!

I want to take a minute to thank Kristi over at Southern as Biscuits for featuring my earrings in a collection on her blog. Go here to read the post. Apparently she and I are neighbors (not literally, lol) and she is spotlighting local talent via her blog.

I just love how she references Fruit Stripes gum in her post, comparing the items in the collection she made to it. I used to absolutely love Fruit Stripes when I was a kid. Every time we went to the grocery store I would make my mom buy me a pack. I would then cram one of each flavor in my mouth and together they would make the yukkiest tasting gum, lol.

Apparently someone is saying that an ingredient in the gum causes cancer? Bummer. Read here for yourself (scroll down to Reviews) and decide if this is valid or just someone rambling.

What are your fond memories of Fruit Stripes?


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm LOVE me some Fruit Stripes! I am going sugar free though so I am on to this really really good gum called "5" -- it is so delicious in the watermelon and the sour apple - and the flavor lasts a long time so you don't have the jucky wad of gum in your mouth ;)

    Is it just me or does anyone else swallow Fruit Stripes on accident while chewing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Fruit Stripes gum, but it just doesn't taste the same as an adult. I think we must lose some kid magic when we grow up!

    ReplyDelete