Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Backyard Blahs....*Sigh*

For the longest time I've been wanting to do something different with my yard. I live in a townhouse but do have a small outside area all of my very own. It's a small space so the actual execution of the project shouldn't be too hard....right?...but I just don't know what I want to do with it....

My usually totally awesome boyfriend took it upon himself one day to put out grass seed...everywhere...even in my flower beds. There was already grass but it just didn't have that lush green look that he {he? ha!} envisioned. And one might be able to provide a good case that said flower beds were not actually flower beds, weed beds, perhaps? :) So now the yard is just a hot mess-and to top it all off I have to maintain the grass that he put down since he decided to move four hours south to another state. Anyway, I'm torn about whether to get rid of the grass altogether and just put down mulch or rocks or something, but then my girls wouldn't be able to just run outside and handle their business. I'm lazy so grass would be to my benefit, i think...but then I don't want to maintain it....and am clueless. I need ideas folks! Help!

Well, this is how I would luv my backyard to look! It's a pic from an alley between two shops that I snapped while in Beaufort. Isn't it just great? I have some serious garden envy. And the pottery is amazing. Where is that green thumb when I need one?


No comments:

Post a Comment