Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah....

...No, I'm not talking about the Kesha song. :)  Wow, I just feel so down in the dumps lately. I feel like Rainbow Blue in the Jimmy Dean commercial, lol. It makes me giggle every time I see it...




But the blahs are really taking a toll on my Etsy shop! I don't feel like listing anything. Well, I do, but it takes so much work. I had no idea when I started on Etsy what is required to become a successful seller. I don't really consider myself successful at this point, a few online sales trickle in every now and then, but I want to have hundreds, even thousands of sales!! I'd soooo love to work from home but I guess that's probably most seller's dream. But, I digress, I was saying that there is so much work involved: taking good pics and even then going back to edit them. Then, trying to come up with a title and catchy description of the wares I'm peddlin', then coming up with tags so you can find my goodies when you search, and then still, pricing. Pricing can be so stressful. I try to be fair to both my customer and to myself, but it's difficult to do both and still compete with those sellers that somehow sell their wares for super cheap. It can be overwhelming!

Anyhoo, thank you for allowing me to vent. I think I have found the perfect remedy for my blahs. LanyardLady has what sounds like a fabulous chicken pie on her blog that I just might try tonight! Recipe, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment