I have been so inspired!
Jessica of The Swell Life and her friends turned a birthday outing into a day where they performed 30 random acts of kindness for perfect strangers. And this was at the birthday girl's request. How awesome is that?
I absolutely love this idea and have already emailed my girls for us to do this.
They made super cute tags and then randomly passed them out, making a fun day of it.
photo cred: here
Here are some of the things they did:
- A note of encouragement to a driver's ed instructor (on a student driver car)
- Coffee shop drive-through, paying for the drink of the person behind us
- Tape a bag of popcorn and $ to a Redbox rental machine
- Leave quarters in a soda machine
- A note of encouragement on a police car or fire truck (thanks for keeping us safe)!
- Tape a coffee gift card and a note saying "You're a great mom!" to a baby changing station
- Tube a surprise note to the drive-through bank teller
- Hide sweet treats in the pumpkin patch
- Candy bars under windshield wipers at the grocery store (it was a cool day so they did not melt)!
- Tape an unscratched lottery ticket to the gas station pump
- A note of gratitude along with $ in the tip jar at our dinner spot
- Bring fresh flowers to a nursing home
- Bring toys or blankets to a children's hospital
Not sure when my girls and I will get together to do this, but I am going to start working on the tags tonight! :) Will post our day once we have it.