Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reflections from the BSBP-2011 Fall Edition


These are my own personal reflections on the BSBP-2011 Fall Edition.
They are not directed at anyone, rather, these are just my observations, from my perspective.
Of course, you might feel differently.

There were so many amazingly talented and creative people that participated in this BSBP.
Just seeing everyone’s work makes me want to step up my game.

Ways to Push Myself and Expand Creatively

• I have got to get me some of that sari silk and figure out what to do with it!
I love the softness that it gives to pieces. There were so many beautiful pieces created that used it.

• I want to push myself to work on multiple strand necklaces. I love them but when it comes to me making them I freak out a little because in my head they seem so overwhelming! Plus, I’ve done a couple of multiple strand necklaces with chain and the chain always gets all mixed up or won’t lay right, but maybe that was because I used chain?

• Asymmetrical pieces are all the rage! I’ve been fighting them for some time but I feel it’s time to step up to the plate. Again, I guess it’s in my head, but my brain just doesn’t see things that way. I automatically think pendant in center, and a symmetrical design on both sides. Gotta break out of that shell.

• I also want to try using cord and knotting in between beads. Love that technique!

• I must improve my photography skills.

A Few Other Notes

• I like to comment on most everyone’s design on their blog, however, if I have to leave my name, email, social security number, mother’s maiden name, and blood type just to leave a comment on your blog, I’m annoyed.
We are hopping to 300+ blogs and if I have to do that for every other one…..yikes! It gets tedious, frustrating, and just not fun anymore. For those blogs, I keep my thoughts to myself, no matter how awesomely fantastic your design is. Just sayin...

• Get your beads out to your partner on time.
To me, it’s about being respectful. Your time is valuable, right? Well, so is your partner’s, and Lori’s as the coordinator. We are made aware of the expectations and deadlines before signing up so there are no surprises.

• Along the same train of thought, be respectful to the other participants by posting your reveal on time. Scheduled posts in Blogger are a bloggers best friend!

• If you choose to participate in the BSBP, your responsibility does not end when you post your reveal.
 It is also your responsibility to actually go to everyone’s blog to see their work. But, the longer you wait to do so, the harder it is to find the BSBP post on their blog (depending upon the frequency with which they post) so it’s best to get to hoppin’, so to speak. :)


Lori, thank you so much for coordinating this. You must be mega organized! Thank you so much for your patience, graciousness, and kindness with all of us.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like this. I don't know how you do it, lady.
Thank you.

If you want to sign up for the 2012 BSBP, click here for info on that.
If you want to read more about this BSBP or see the list of participants, click here for that.

In case you missed it, my fave piece that I made is below, and you can read more about it here.




3 comments:

  1. i loved your new pieces! Yep, you are right-gotta push yourself to try the "new" stuff and stay on top of the fads! i get freaked out by trying something new but you are REALLY talented, take a deep breath and jump in :) jewelry is such a tough biz to be in on etsy...that is for sure! can't wait to see what you're going to try!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with so many of your points. I am still hopping and completely overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete