Sunday, July 18, 2010

Countdown is On!

Hey friends! Wow, so it's been awhile. I even lost a follower! Their loss... :) You tend to notice these things when you only have 16-er...15 followers, lol.

Anyhoo, July 4th was cool. I did something I'd never done before. I went tubing with a group of friends down the Dan River. Normally water freaks me out a little. I'm one of those people that are content just to sit in my chair on the side and stick their toes in the water. Big bodies of water that I don't know what's in it tends to freak me out a bit. So, I was freaking out a little on the inside but I managed to stay calm...Even when we would start to float close to the side 'o the river where the creepy crawlers (aka snakes) tend to hang out i only freaked out on the inside, quietly to myself. Gotta admit it was fun. We were like a huge party barge floating down the river (there was about 15 of us all hooked together, lol). And some of the other tubers we passed by would comment on our tubes (instead of renting my friends bought theirs from Target. After a few times of renting they pay for themselves.) They would say to us "Oh, ya'll got the Cadillacs. Where'd ya'll get those???" Usually said in a slurred drunken voice. :)

Last weekend Rob and I went to Charlotte to see Michael Buble' in concert. He was fantastic! Surprisingly funny and super charming. Not to mention quite handsome. Here's a pic of Michael and me:



My other fave pic: Rob doing his Lady Gaga/big cat interpretation. I love it! He doesn't get why I think it's so funny but I just do, lol. Watch out baby, that's a big cat!
 

We also walked around Charlotte and just checked out the scenery. Came upon these cool things:
A mosaic wall. Super cool!
Check out this cool church. I love the red doors and daisy window!

And finally, the urinal fountains. Rob said these fountains look like urinals so you know I had to take a pic! And he's right, i think. :)

Let's see, oh, good news! My vacation plans are finally firmed up. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to go anywhere. Not good because except for a whirlwind weekend trip to Charleston, didn't go anywhere last year either! This year I had even considered going to the beach by myself for a week. Sometimes you just gotta get away from the daily grind. But anyway, we are going to the beach for one whole glorious week! Normally we go to Cherry Grove but this year are going to Emerald Isle instead.  I haven't been there since I was little, but i think it's one of those beaches that's a little more relaxed and laid back, not as many people, which is exactly what I need. So finally, something to look forward to! Counting down to August 15th! I can't wait! How many Monday's between now and then are there?! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment