Monday, April 8, 2013

A Flower Tower and Flower Box

I think it's finally starting to warm up here in NC. I caught the spring fever this weekend, and so did everyone else, from the looks of how busy Home Depot was!

I bought some plants and actually did a project that I saw on the internet. Usually I'm bad to get all gung ho on a project, run out and buy the supplies, and then do it halfway, or not at all. Lol.

But not this time! I made a flower tower. I'm hoping that the flowers will grow out be be all flowy and cascading down the tower. Don't mind the water marks on the pots, I took this pic after I watered it, so those marks will dry. I used petunias, verbena, and sweet potato vine. Fingers crossed that the verbena and sweet potato vine don't die on me since they were not on the list of plants that would be good for this type of project. I used them because I had them left over from another project that I did.




Speaking of other projects, I also made this flower box. I've always wanted a window box but never really quite understood how they stayed up. Lol. I'm hoping that this one gets all big and crazy. I can't wait for it to grow out. I'm always a little confused on spacing because it's hard to gauge just how big the flowers will get. My box is kinda leaning because the handle didn't quite fit snug against the railing. Actually I think it looks like it's leaning in the pic more than it actually is. Fingers crossed that it survives! I love it!




Has spring come to your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

  1. Sweet potato vine is a great spiller and grows well here in NC, so I bet you will have flowy in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower tower idea! It'll look awesome when it's all flowing and cascading down!!

    No Spring here yet. Well, I shouldn't say that... most of the snow is gone, and the tulips are starting to poke up out of the ground, but it's way too early yet to plant flowers! Ah, Canada. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't even see this on FB anymore.. as well as a lot of other people I am friends with.. We've had this discussion before, though. It's like half my friends fell off the radar!-Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool tower idea.. I must try it too..

    ReplyDelete